Hey there comics fans! Were you just pondering the age old question, “How can I get more Papercutz in my life this weekend?” Of course you were, and you’re in luck! Papercutz staff and talent be represented at THREE different shows this weekend across the nation! We’re venturing out of the interdimensional comics factory and into the wild as we visit Denver, CO, White Plains, NY, and Garden City, NY.
Read on for all the info!
Our biggest presence will be at Denver Comic Con where we will be in Merchant Mesa in booth 810.
We’ll be joined by Papercutz author Stefan Petrucha and artist (and Denver local!) Jolyon Yates all weekend!
Stefan has authored several series for Papercutz. He is the author of all of our POWER RANGERS graphic novels, including the brand new MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS! Stefan is also the writer behind all of our NANCY DREW graphic novels as well as NANCY DREW THE NEW CASE FILES and NANCY DREW AND THE CLUE CREW #1 which he co-wrote with his wife, Sarah Kinney. As if that’s not enough, Stefan has also penned a RIO graphic novel, and is the parody-master extraordinaire for PAPERCUTZ SLICES! He will be at the Papercutz booth where he will be signing his books (available for purchase) as well as our Denver Comic Con exclusive MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS poster!
Stefan will be appearing at the Papercutz booth 810 on Friday from 12pm-1pm, Saturday from 11am-12pm & 3pm-4pm, and Sunday from 10am-11am.
Also joining us is Jolyon Yates, our one and only and most brick-tastic LEGO NINJAGO artist! Jolyon will be at the Papercutz booth signing copies of his books (available for purchase) as well as LEGO NINJAGO posters and bookmarks!
Jolyon will be appearing at the Papercutz booth 810 on Friday from 3pm-4pm, Saturday from 12:30pm-1:30pm & 5:30pm-6:30pm, and Sunday from 12pm-1pm.
Plus, join Stefan, Jolyon and Papercutz Editor Mike Petranek on Sunday at 3:30pm in room 110 for the Highlighter on Papercutz panel where we’ll talk about MMPR, Ninjago, and all the exciting new projects we have coming this fall!
Also this Saturday, join Papercutz Editor-in-Chief Jim Salicrup at New York Comic Fest in White Plains where he will be attending as a guest. Stop by and say hi and ask him who his favorite Smurf is!
And last but certainly not least, if you’ll be attending Eternal Con this Saturday only, you can meet Super Genius Comics author and WWE Hall-of-Famer Mick Foley! Maybe if you ask really nicely he’ll tell you what’s in store for our next story arc, “Haze of Glory” which starts in WWE SUPERSTARS #5, in comic shops this Wednesday 6/11!
Whew! That’s a lot of exploring for the Papercutz crew, but we’re packed and ready to come meet you! See you soon, America!
Benny Breakiron #4: Uncle Placid is in comic shops today and in stores everywhere 5/27!
If Uncle Placid says it’s time then it must be time for another Papercutz News Roundup!
Reviews & Recommendations
Ariol #4: A Beautiful Cow
“One of the best of the best Ariol graphic novels in the Papercutz collection…A fun and sure-to-generate-conversation-starter, readers of all ages will not only fall in love with Ariol (even if his crush Petula might not), but also want to find out more about Ariol and his friends.” —DIAMOND BOOKSHELF
LEGO Legends of Chima #1: High Risk!
“Legends of Chima is filled with fun and adventure that kids of any age will love.” —SLJ’s GOOD COMICS FOR KIDS
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1: Rita Repulsa’s Attitude Adjustment
“It’s awesome, and it’s even kind of scary, and it’s exactly the type of thing that they’d never really be able to do on the show. [The creators] manage to do a book that’s not only consistent, but consistently well done … Overall, it’s a solid package and a great first offering.” —COMICS ALLIANCE
I was on vacation last week and I, of course, missed you all terribly. But I’m back today for another Papercutz Weekly News Roundup!
Reviews & Recommendations
News, Coverage & Publicity
- Annoying Orange surpassed two billion views on its YouTube channel last week. The Collective Digital Studio channel has more than 3.6 million subscribers, and 330 videos since launching in 2010.
The Garfield Show
- THE GARFIELD SHOW #3: “Long Lost Lyman” is a Children’s Book Council “Hot Off the Press” Pick for April 2014. You can view the full write-up here.
- Our LEGO NINJAGO graphic novel series has surpassed 2 million in sales! You can read our original press release here. The story was also picked up by comics news sites Robot 6 and Bleeding Cool.
- The Masters of Spinjitzu returned to Cartoon Network with two special episodes. Broadway World has the details on the new episodes and the series past rating success.
- RIO 2 had a very strong opening weekend grossing over $39mm domestically and just narrowly missing out on the #1 spot at the box office. The film continued to perform strongly over Spring Break week with latest estimates putting US ticket sales at just under $53 million and global box office at over $177 mm.
WWE Slam City
- The WWE SLAM CITY videos continue to grow in popularity. The show has now surpassed over 3.6 MM views across WWEslamcity.com, Kabillion, Cartoonium, WWE Network, Hulu, Nintendo and AOL.
- Our friends from the WWE have passed along this video to show that their influence is taking over all of pop culture. The Pirates dugout is the latest place to catch WWE fever. Time for our reps to start calling on their local sports teams?
Do you know what today is? Friday? Well, sure, but what ELSE is it? No, it’s not Arbor Day. Nope, not National Chocolate Pudding Pie Day. OK, I’ll just tell you — it’s Free Comics From Papercutz Day!
Every month, we send Associate Editor and Chief Flux Capacitator Mike Petranek off to the future on a most important mission: bring back all the comics you can find on your future self’s desk! Mike just got back from March 2013 and he got some great stuff for us to chew on. Away we go:
Dance Class #4: A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To Paris . . .
Who knew dancing was so funny? Julie, Lucie, and Alia are still working on their new African Folk moves they learned in the last volume, but now they’re close to going all the way in the national competition! Plus, Capucine can’t untie ribbons, as we learn from the sneak peek below!
Nancy Drew and The Clue Crew #2: Secret Sand Sleuths
It’s the second comics adventure for 8-year-old Nancy and her best friends George and Bess, otherwise known as The Clue Crew! Judging by Mike’s sneak peeks below, the girls will be solving a mystery Night At the Museum style!
Geronimo Stilton #12: The First Samurai
Apparently, March 2013 reading plans include watching Geronimo Stilton run around feudal Japan with a sword. Sign me up!
Ernest & Rebecca #4: The Land of Walking Stones
Wow, a crossover with LEGO Ninjago where Ernest helps Sensei Wu fight off the Stone Warriors! Uh . . . oh, I’m being told that I’m completely wrong. Well, this is still a cool comic! Rebecca is visiting her dad and she needs her good buddy, the microbiological Ernest, more than ever . . .
And that looks like about it for Mike’s adventure in time. March is shaping up to be a pretty awesome month, if you ask me!