I was on vacation last week and I, of course, missed you all terribly. But I’m back today for another Papercutz Weekly News Roundup!
Reviews & Recommendations
“It’s very good for Children for their birthdays if they have an interest in Dinosaurs then they will love this book.” —DINOSAUR FACTS AND FORUM
“This is a must for fans of the original Rio, as well as anyone who is preparing for the second.” —SLJ’s GOOD COMICS FOR KIDS
News, Coverage & Publicity
- Annoying Orange surpassed two billion views on its YouTube channel last week. The Collective Digital Studio channel has more than 3.6 million subscribers, and 330 videos since launching in 2010.
- The Hollywood Reporter ran an in depth article last week about the quiet but continued popularity of Tinker Bell and the Disney Fairies,“How Tinker Bell Became Disney’s Stealthy $300 Million Franchise”.
- A DISNEY FAIRIES onesheet is now available. You can download it here.
- THE GARFIELD SHOW #3: “Long Lost Lyman” is a Children’s Book Council “Hot Off the Press” Pick for April 2014. You can view the full write-up here.
- Our LEGO NINJAGO graphic novel series has surpassed 2 million in sales! You can read our original press release here. The story was also picked up by comics news sites Robot 6 and Bleeding Cool.
- The Masters of Spinjitzu returned to Cartoon Network with two special episodes. Broadway World has the details on the new episodes and the series past rating success.
- RIO 2 had a very strong opening weekend grossing over $39mm domestically and just narrowly missing out on the #1 spot at the box office. The film continued to perform strongly over Spring Break week with latest estimates putting US ticket sales at just under $53 million and global box office at over $177 mm.
- The WWE SLAM CITY videos continue to grow in popularity. The show has now surpassed over 3.6 MM views across WWEslamcity.com, Kabillion, Cartoonium, WWE Network, Hulu, Nintendo and AOL.