We’re not the only ones who are super-excited by yesterday’s release of THE LUNCH WITCH. Children’s book site Kidsreads.com has a special feature on the book including a must read interview with writer/artist Deb Lucke. Check out their site for everything you ever wanted to know about Grunhilda and her erstwhile creator!
Our first original graphic novel of the year is also one of the most talked about graphic novls of the year. Check out what fans and critics are saying about THE LUNCH WITCH:
“A wickedly funny start to this series.” – PUBLISHER’S WEEKLY (starred review)
“Truly, far too often school lunch ladies get a bad rap. In this case, it’s justified, and stout-stomached readers who have always suspected the truth should enjoy seeing how.” – KIRKUS REVIEWS
“At 180 pages, this graphic novel has enough room to pack a great story into its pages!” – THIS KID REVIEWS BOOKS
“Irresistibly charming.” – BOOKLIST
“This will be a great addition to any collection. Middle grade readers will devour this title.” – GOOD COMICS FOR KIDS
“The misadventures of this witch will have no problem pulling readers in.” – SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL
“For those who like gross stories and nasty characters getting a swift comeuppance with an unexpected underdog coming out on top.” – JEAN LITTLE LIBRARY
“Graphic novel girl power, with a witch twist” – DADDY MOJO
“This enduring and heartfelt tale is appropriate for all ages looking for a cute and humorous look at the ever mysterious lunch lady character archetype” – DIAMOND DAILY
THE LUNCH WITCH is also on AMAZON’s Best Books of the Month: Ages 6-8.
DISCLAIMER: Grunhilda the Lunch Witch did not influence the reviewers in any way, shape, or form. Nor did she offer them some lunch.
See for yourself when THE LUNCH WITCH flies into stores March 17, 2015!
If Uncle Placid says it’s time then it must be time for another Papercutz News Roundup!
Reviews & Recommendations
Ariol #4: A Beautiful Cow
“One of the best of the best Ariol graphic novels in the Papercutz collection…A fun and sure-to-generate-conversation-starter, readers of all ages will not only fall in love with Ariol (even if his crush Petula might not), but also want to find out more about Ariol and his friends.” —DIAMOND BOOKSHELF
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1: Rita Repulsa’s Attitude Adjustment
“It’s awesome, and it’s even kind of scary, and it’s exactly the type of thing that they’d never really be able to do on the show. [The creators] manage to do a book that’s not only consistent, but consistently well done … Overall, it’s a solid package and a great first offering.” —COMICS ALLIANCE
I was on vacation last week and I, of course, missed you all terribly. But I’m back today for another Papercutz Weekly News Roundup!
Reviews & Recommendations
“It’s very good for Children for their birthdays if they have an interest in Dinosaurs then they will love this book.” —DINOSAUR FACTS AND FORUM
“This is a must for fans of the original Rio, as well as anyone who is preparing for the second.” —SLJ’s GOOD COMICS FOR KIDS
News, Coverage & Publicity
- Annoying Orange surpassed two billion views on its YouTube channel last week. The Collective Digital Studio channel has more than 3.6 million subscribers, and 330 videos since launching in 2010.
- The Hollywood Reporter ran an in depth article last week about the quiet but continued popularity of Tinker Bell and the Disney Fairies,“How Tinker Bell Became Disney’s Stealthy $300 Million Franchise”.
- A DISNEY FAIRIES onesheet is now available. You can download it here.
- THE GARFIELD SHOW #3: “Long Lost Lyman” is a Children’s Book Council “Hot Off the Press” Pick for April 2014. You can view the full write-up here.
- Our LEGO NINJAGO graphic novel series has surpassed 2 million in sales! You can read our original press release here. The story was also picked up by comics news sites Robot 6 and Bleeding Cool.
- The Masters of Spinjitzu returned to Cartoon Network with two special episodes. Broadway World has the details on the new episodes and the series past rating success.
- RIO 2 had a very strong opening weekend grossing over $39mm domestically and just narrowly missing out on the #1 spot at the box office. The film continued to perform strongly over Spring Break week with latest estimates putting US ticket sales at just under $53 million and global box office at over $177 mm.
- The WWE SLAM CITY videos continue to grow in popularity. The show has now surpassed over 3.6 MM views across WWEslamcity.com, Kabillion, Cartoonium, WWE Network, Hulu, Nintendo and AOL.